Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Heidy's Readoption 3-19-08

The state we live in requires that a child adopted in another country, even though they came home on an IR 3 visa, be readopted to receive a domestic birth certificate. So we finally did this with Heidy. It was a fun time actually.



First of all, a week or so before we had to go to the Sheriff's office, so they could present Heidy with her summons. The sheriff was at the court hearing so Heidy "knew" him. They hit it off, he has a 3 year old son. I think they were planning a play date!!!


They called me to the stand first, because our attorney said I was the expert!! HA! But he asked me all the important questions and then when they called Mark to the stand, they asked him the basic name, address, etc. But then they said, Were you in the court room when we asked your wife these questions? Mark replied, Yes. The attorney said, Do you agree with her answers? Mark said, Yes. So they were done with him!!! It was kind of funny.


The Judge Steve, Heidy's attorney John, and our attorney Bill, Mark, Heidy and me.


The Judge made the declaration that she was ours again :-) , and he declared her name change from Heidy Susana to Heidy Lynn Susana.



We can now get her domestic birth certificate and a passport, to go with us to Ethiopia when we go!!! It takes two months to two and half months to get the birth certificate by mail, so I am driving to Springfield today to get it. Then we can send in her passport!!

15 comments:

JuJu - said...

woooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

BIG STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so happy for you girly!

LOVE the pics - priceless -

What an amazing day for your family:)

Dena said...

That's AWESOME! I haven't done that yet either! yikes! I can't wait to hear all about the new sissy!

CONGRATS!

Beth said...

Oh, how sweet!

Love the pics!

What a milestone! : )

I can't wait for her new sibling to come home!

Love,

Beth
Your CCI Family

day by day said...

Happy Readoption Day!!!! How wonderful!
That is a great picture of everyone together for the big day!

Tiffany said...

What a great day! I love the small town family feel of it. I wonder if you'll see our new baby in Ethiopia when you go there next time! ;) Congrats!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! Another big check mark on that paperwork to do list!!

Stacey and Dewey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What wonderful pictures and memories you have. It sounds like it could not have gone ay better. I guess I better find out what our state requires so I'm ready once we bring Kolby home.
Best Wishes
Stacey

Our Family of 5 said...

YAY!! Congratulations! She looks super in that color! Happy Friday!
Heidy has been tagged by the way.

Robyn said...

Congratulations on Heidy's readoption!!

Robyn

Jewels of My Heart said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh how happy!
Congratulations to you.
A special day indeed!

Bergmama said...

Congratulations!!! I love the pictures! Very special! I just ordered a passport and it only took about 4 weeks to get it. Good luck and CONGRATS!!!

Steffie B. said...

how fabulous! ;)

Lisa said...

Glad you are still viewing our blog at www.my2ethiopiangirls.blogspot.com. About this "readoption" thing, do we all need to do this? Heidi is so beautiful.

Stephanie and Gary said...

Congratulations! I saw your left a message on my blog -- I absolutely think that a few simple signs will help your new daughter acclimate. It will bridge the gap for a while between the language she knows and English. It will be a way for the two sisters to communicate in the beginning too -- You can email me at STephUSA@aol.com if you have specific questions. You can contact www.sign2me.com to find a presenter in your area who might be able to guide you in person. I wish you luck and would be happy to answer more questions. Best of luck! I look forward to following journey as well. How did you find my blog, btw? Also, did you design your blog site (being that I see you are a scrapbooker.) IT's gorgeous!
Steph

Brooke W said...

Congratulations! Thanks for all your fun blog comments:) I love watching yours too! lv-brooke