Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Announcement # 1 --- The Thread to Mylee

OK, I GIVE IN.................



Our Pastor preached a sermon series in January, called "Monopoly Money". The focus was that it is all God's money, like in Monopoly, it isn't our money. In the series, our church handed out $50 bills to 50 people and they were to use it to further God's kingdom. Well, I didn't take $50. But God dealt with me in that week, and there were many things that pointed to me helping a friend start a blog to help them adopt their 2nd daughter from China. She will be Heidy's friend, Maci's sister!!! One thing that was that week was a broadcast on Focus on the Family. There was a comment made in the broadcast, Even if you aren't called to adopt yourselves , pick a family that is and help them. Well, we have been called to adopt, we adopted Heidy, but we also feel that we can still help those that are still adopting. There are many scriptures and one is Mark 9:37 " Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me.... "

So many people can afford the day to day care of a child, but the initial cost of the adoption is a struggle at times for them.

So, we started a fundraising blog for Donnie and Gina, called The Thread to Mylee. It will have hair bows that we make and stamped cards and maybe eventually scrapbook pages for sale and whatever we else we might think of along the way. We will ask opinions of what the readers want. We will ask friends to have a link to it on your blogs, if they want to. ( I have to learn how to do links) I make a lot of Heidy's bows and am teaching Gina how. I love stamping cards and we have several made. Several more are ready to make too. I love making scrapbooks too. Made one yesterday (More on that another time)!!

The blog is open, but no posts yet. We will post soon and take pictures of card sets and bows!!

I hope you enjoy helping them, as much as I do!!!



Can you tell this is the red hint????

12 comments:

day by day said...

Oh, that is exciting! I bet that was such an awesome sermon. It really is not our money...not a penny of it. I reminded myself of that often as we scraped together $ for our adoption.

There is a new blog specifically for families fundraising for adoption. Maybe you can list the site for Mylee there. I will see if I can get the info to you.

Carr Family said...

Love it!

Will watch to see when it's open and will post a link on our blog.

Beth said...

That's so amazing! How fortunate this family is for you!

God bless you so much!

Beth
Mommy to Isabella Faye

Becca said...

I am excited, but I must admit I was hoping it was you that was planning a second adoption. You're an awesome person, Debbie - what a wonderful thing to do for your friends!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Anonymous said...

How sweet you are!

Sharon said...

Can't wait to be a "customer"!

Sharon

Steffie B. said...

that is just wonderful.....and we leave on the 21st....I'm so ready!

Jewels of My Heart said...

That is so awesome.... thank you so much for helping them. If it wasn't for the help of others my children would not be home now. I will be putting a link on my blog to her shop site. Also, I know Becky has started a blog that has links to people just like your friend. I will find it and send it to you. I will try to email you soon with the instructions on how to do the link... (I just have to remember how.) lol
Love,
Daleea

mommy24treasures said...

thats lovely. I agree with evryting you have said so much!
Can't wait to come look at the bows and things!

Sharon said...

That is really wonderful Debbie!! Great post!! You have such a giving heart!!!

day by day said...

Debbie...I just added the link to the adoption fundraising blog that I had mentioned to you. It is at the top of my blog.

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

How wonderful... You are such a blessing Debbie to open your heart and help ! I will certainly do my part as well !
God Bless-
Julie