Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Monday, February 18, 2008

Our Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend was a blast! We drove to Franklin, TN (right south of Nashville) where our son and daughter in law, Jordan and Rachel live. Our daughter and son in law, Milady and Chad flew in from St. Petersburg, FL. We had from Friday evening to Sunday evening with them. Skyler took a friend named Rachel too.

But our adventure started during the night on Thursday night, Heidy woke up with a temp and saying her throat hurt. So, on our way to Nashville, we drove by her Doctor's office, which is 45 minutes down the road... they tested her for Strep and YES she was positive and gave her an antibiotic. Poor gal. So she rested a lot that first day and part of the 2nd and then felt pretty good. I told everyone that they couldn't be kissing on her!!

My husband, being the good man he is, gave my Rachel, Milady and me, massages and pedicures, well he didn't actually do them himself but told us to go to a spa and get them, so we did and WOW it was great. It was one of the best massages I have ever gotten. The pedicure was great too. I love them!

But also on Saturday evening, we went to a great Italian place to eat. YUMMMM My favorite.

Sunday morning we got up and went to church with Jordan and Rachel, it is a cool church in down town Nashville, Midtown Fellowship. Afterwards while I was gathering all of our stuff together, Milady and Rachel, oh yeah and Heidy made lunch. Chili and cornbread!! Getting to be great cooks!!

Guess what? I didn't take any pictures this weekend!!! NONE!!! Can you believe it???

8 comments:

Becca said...

No pictures? Debbie, what is wrong with you? Are you okay? Better go check your temp!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Beth said...

No pictures! I guess we'll let you slide this time!

Beth
Mommy to Isabella Faye

Sharon said...

I am so glad you had a great weekend. And what a sweet husband!! Is heidy feeling completely better now. It figures they always get sick for a trip it seems like!!

That sounded so neat about your son in law's surf ministry. If you get a chance to ask him more about it and let me know. Possibly I could get B man interested in something like that (one of these daze)

Betsy said...

Debbie, how I wish I had known you were close to Nashville...I'd love to meet you in person! Emily Belle would love to meetMiss Heidi to!! Let us know next time you come!!
Betsy

Debbie said...

Betsy, It was kind of a last minute thing. We were supposed to go to Atlanta and changed at the last moment!!

Went to your blog and couldn't get on :(

Debbie

Anonymous said...

What? No pictures? I wanted to have a peek at your weekend :).. Oh well, sounds fun!

Dena said...

My little Annie just turned 4 and she's from Guat as well - aren't they just the cutest!

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend... expect that my little Heidy wasnt feeling to great. Hope our little sweetie is better soon !
God Bless-
Julie