Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Priceless......

Priceless...

You know you are an adoptive mother (or you should be!) if:

1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has ever made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child, there would be no orphans in the world is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about your adopted child's "real" parents.
7. You have ever been "pregnant" with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth (2 years!)
8. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway knowing where God calls you He will provide.
9. You have ever taken a airplane ride half way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacy's you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have them in your life.
13. You know what the word Dossier means and you can actually pronounce it!
14. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
15. You know full well that the journey of your child coming into your family is one of the most wonderful, miraculous things that has ever happened to you.

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love this, Debbie! Did you write this or borrow it from an adoption site? I may "borrow" it for my blog and credit whoever did it. I love the point about 7% of Christians.
www.namastechild.blogspot.com

Shari said...

Debbie,
That is great!
Also we received the print out you sent today. Thank you so much!!

Sharie

Scott Webster said...

This is the absolute truth!
Thanks for posting this Debbie!

Scott W

Sharon said...

I love this post! Can I steal it from you for my own blog!?!? I can't find your daughter's room on here and I really want to see it!! Let me know what to do from here and thank for the decorating support. i feel so silly thinking of this stuff in the middle of all this!

Becca said...

TAG - YOU"RE IT!!!
See my blog for further details...

Hugs,
Becca

Kathy said...

Debbie-

I absolutely love this post!! Where did you find it? I think I may have to steal it for my blog! It really captures the essence of what it means to be an adoptive parent.

Sharon said...

Debbie - I love this post too!
Sharon

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

I love it... and so very true !
God Bless-
Julie

Jewels of My Heart said...

This post gave me chills.... I love how we have all found eachother.... to actually get to share the overwhelming joy, the miracle and the love unspeakable that we all have for our children. It's so wonderful to make friends that truly "GET IT!" Everything on this list hits home. lol

Kelly said...

I absolutely LOVE this post!! Thanks for sharing.
God Bless,
Kelly

Brooke W said...

I'm stealing this poem from you, Debbie:) haha-is that ok?

Bergmama said...

Debbie, I'm going to steal some of these for my blog...hope that's ok! :)