Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Heidy's baby

Heidy came up to me tonight and said "Mommy Mommy I have a baby in my tummy. Look!" And unzipped her jammies and wanted me to feel her tummy. I said, " Heidy that is great!" Then she said, "It's a girl, her name is Lisa!" She was so excited. Then she said "I have to go to the Doctor, Mommy, to let her get out. I be right back" " OK Heidy, Will you let me know when she gets out?" "Oh Yes Mommy!" So she went in the other room but on her way she said over her shoulder, "I be right back but Mommy I am just pretending" But she came back 30 seconds later, "Here she is mommy!!" With her hands cupped together like something was in there. She was all excited that she was holding Lisa!!

Where does she get this?

5 comments:

Becca said...

Ella just last week got to "see" one of my friends have her baby. In one day, and out the next. I tried to tell her that she didn't grow in my belly, but she insists that she did and laughs like I am joking with her. She also is beginning to think that Guatemala is "pwetend" - I don't know what to think about all of this. I guess she just isn't ready for it all? Kind of worried, really...

It seems like Heidy has had a grasp of the concept for a while. How did you approach it? I've shown her pictures and talked about her birthmother and fostermother, and at times she seems to get it, but other times she laughs and says "pwetend"...

Any suggestions? E-mail me if you have anything to share and don't mind - for some reason this is really worrying me.

Becca
Momma to Ella

Kelli said...

That is so cute!! It is amazing how the come up with stuff. Imagaination is a great thing to have. I hope that we get to meet soon. What part of KY do you live in? Feel free to e-mail me: kdp111@hotmail.com Have a great weekend!!!

Sharon said...

Life through the eyes of a child is SO fun!

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

I just love my Heidy girl... her stories always make me smile !
God Bless-
Julie

Robyn said...

Too cute!! I just love the things that kids come up with!! :)

Robyn