Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Friday, November 9, 2007

Heidy - Post surgery

This is the hardware they took out of Heidy's leg. It's not a great picture but you get the idea. The plate is about 2 1/2 inches long and the screws are between 3/4 and an inch long. Mark thinks it looks like a piece out of an erector set!!



Here she is the evening of her surgery at home. Trying to smile.

This is the next day, with her balloon from her pre school, Wee Kare. I thought it was very nice that they sent her something! She had someone else bring her a vanilla milkshake and friends came to see her, she is loved. :-) Here is a little better smile..... But if I heard "Mommy, come HERE" once I heard it 500 times the past two days. Ok maybe that is a SLIGHT exaggeration, but not by far!!!!

Her bandage that we can't remove at all for a week. I have to give her sponge baths and wash her hair in the kitchen sink. She loves that part!!

Look Mommy, I can walk!! She finally decided to put weight on it, she was scared to do that before. I don't blame her though, I would have been too. But once she decided, Oh I can walk she is walking all the time. She loves the Elmo balloon and this is a real smile!! Oh and notice the shirt???? "It's all about me, me, me!!" This week that is true, it has been all about her!! :-)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Poor thing! She looks so miserable but I'm sure she loved being waited on. :) What a long way she's come!
d:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidy!!! We miss you! We can't wait until you come back to school! See you soon! Love, Chloe and Melanie

Becca said...

Awww. Those pictures make me smile. I am so happy for you and Heidy.

Andrea W. said...

Give Heidy a big hug from Scott,Andrea and Anna in Guatemala!

Shana said...

What a little trooper Miss Heidy is! All smiles and as beautiful as ever!

Hugs & a very speedy recovery!

Love, Shana :)

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

Oh Miss Heidy... I am so happy that you are feeling better. You are such a special little girl !
Hugs and Kisses-
Julie