Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Heidy's Moon

About 1 year ago tonight Heidy had been home a little less than 5 months. Heidy and I were taking a walk with a friend and her daughter. She was just looking around and saw the moon that was almost full and said "Whats that?" Carla said the moon. Heidy replied to her "Heidy want that" I explained that it was God's moon and she couldn't have it. She said again. "Heidy want it". I explained again that the moon belonged to God but He lets us look at it. Well, we ended up having to distract her attention from the moon because she was determined it was hers. A few days later was a high school football game, which we usually go to. She was sitting on Gina's lap and saw the full moon come up across the football field and said to Gina "That Heidy's moon" Gina started teasing her "No, it's my moon" They probably did that 5 or 6 times with Heidy saying "No it's Heidy's moon" each time. Heidy was getting tired of it and looked around and saw Donnie (Gina's husband) and said "No, not 'ina's moon, it's Donnie and Heidy's moon". Gina was floored that first of all, Heidy was teasing about it and the second that Heidy used her own husband against her in her teasing!! It was so funny.

You know there are kids that want to reach for the stars. Well, my daughter Heidy Lynn Susana, wants the moon!!! She is so determined, I think she will get it someday.

She still loves the moon and we went tonight to eat with some friends and on the way home she told me "Mommy, my moon is back" and now, I don't argue or try to explain that it's not hers, I just say " Yes, Heidy it is"

2 comments:

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

As they say Miss Heidy... shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still land amoung the stars!
God Bless~
Julie

Kelly said...

That's just too cute!!! I wouldn't "argue" with Miss. Heidy either..it IS her moon!!
God Bless,
Kely