Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Friday, May 11, 2007

Adoption Video and Then and Now

Please watch this video.........


http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcmz_adoption1


It's about adoption. This is specific to Chinese adoptions, but can be related to any child left by their birth parents. Be sure to have tissues nearby. I was ok until they started singing "Jesus Loves Me" and Heidy who was watching it with me started singing it along with the video. She was like these children!! Then I broke down and cried. She got a tissue and said "I do it Mommy" and wiped my tears away. I thank God everyday for our daughter, Heidy. We feel she is a precious gift from God. Yesterday was Guatemala's Mother's Day and I think of Heidy's birthmother and the sacrifice she made to make an adoption plan for Heidy. I am sure she thinks of her and wishes she could see her and know she is being cared for and loved very much. I pray God comforts her and gives her peace with the decisions she had to make. I thank God for this special lady.


Here are then and now pictures of our little bundle of energy!!



Heidy at referral, age 18 months.



Heidy, this morning, 19 months later!!

We are going to have lunch with some friends and Heidy wanted to wear this dress because "Diego will like it!!" This is starting way to early!!!!

No comments: