Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My last few weeks.....

*EDITED* To add, Yes Gina, Heidy cut her hair too, I think I purposely blocked that one out of my mind!! Thank God it wasn't much, but a few strands here and there, and enough to have a few strands of the long swoopy bangs in front. :-/

While I was in Florida, I had a great time with my daughter and son in law, and Gina and Maci. And Milady is doing some better, still nauseated and throwing up some. But better.

But a couple of things happened, one was I almost choked to death , seriously. (Honest) And another is I broke a front tooth!! Not a back one where no one would see but the top front right tooth!!! It was 2 days before we were coming home so I waited to get it fixed by my own dentist. My great friend Gina called it my Buford tooth !! Also while I was there my dad had a colon test. (It has come back fine)

2 days after we got home, we left for a business meeting for Mark, in Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri, where he was getting a couple of awards for work. We drove. On the way there, my 2007 Expedition that I have had for 3 weeks was going up the hill on the bridge and the engine stated speeding up and the vehicle started slowing down. The transmission completely disengaged from the engine. We coasted up the hill and across three lanes of traffic and down a ramp.... So we called road side assistance and was towed to a Ford dealer that was closed by the time we got there. We left my vehicle and rented a car to finish our trip another hour down the road. We found out that it would be completed on Monday, so Mark went home and I stayed with the girls. On Monday, when I got to the dealership, I was told that it wasn't fixed, that they did fix that part but when they drove it there was something else wrong. So I had to turn that rental car in and got a rented Ford Explorer. We drove to my brother in laws house. We stayed the night with them. It was actually a good thing! Oh and while I was gone to Missouri, my mother had a heart cath, and all is ok, she needs medication is all. Thank God!!

So today when we were driving home, a very small spider came out and Skyler said oh a spider and killed it. and then there was another, and another, and another!!! We killed about 20 spiders. All babies!!! Some dumb spider decided that a Ford Explorer's sunroof was a good place to lay eggs!!! When I got home and called the rental place, one guy was very nice and another was like how is all this my problem..... he didn't put it there. Well, I, a person who is terrified of spiders, wouldn't put it there!!! When I was a child my mom got bit my some baby black widows, whose mommy had them in my mom's bedroom!!!!!!! I called the ford dealer and talked to them and they were much more sympathetic!! They are also now paying for the rental car!! Anyway, my hubby got a bug bomb and put it off in the car, so I could at least unpack my suitcases and all the things we bought!!! We were afraid to unpack them before he did that because of fear of bringing spiders in the house.

Is this not my month????????

10 comments:

Shari said...

So, please tell me the dealer is covering all of the work being done on the Expedition!

Unknown said...

Sounds like my month, but as you read....it got much better. I can't wait til you get that call! There are referrals flying around this week.

I completely sympathize with the SUV trouble. Mine is still in the shop too.

Melanie said...

Sounds like a typical Wankel vacation!!! :):):) Hope the rest of the week goes better. Are you going to be at the 4th of July parade? We are doing a float for Jason. Watch for us if you're there!

ANDREEA said...

I am glad that you are ok!An angel must be watching over you,and your family.:))

Unknown said...

You forgot to tell everyone that Heidy decided to cut her own hair! I thawt ya'll looked mighty cute without yer front toof!(be sure to say that last sentence with a southern drawl) tee-hee!!!

Bergmama said...

Oh my goodness Debbie!!!!! Never a dull moment, huh? ;)

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Debbie,
OMG! I thought I was the only one who had "adventurous" road trips! Hope the Expedition is fixed soon, and yes, I certainly hope that the dealer is covering the expenses!
Becky T.

Becca said...

Geez, Debbie! You sure have a lot going on. Glad to hear Milady is feeling better, but bummer on you almost choking to death!!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

Hi Debbie
Wow, it seems like a lot is happenning on your side of the world! Hoped things get better.
I love the pictures of Heidi at
the beach...she is so precious.

the flores family(Maria)

Laura said...

Wow... the pix of the kids are so beautiful!

You will look back on the hard times and realize what u learned.