Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

The Two Women
Once there were two women
living half a world apart.
God joined these women together
with a common thread between their hearts.

In one, He created a life,
a beautiful baby girl.
In the other, He planted an idea,
weighing it heavily on her soul.

The first, heartbroken, faith strong,
knew the baby wasn't hers to raise.
She watched as the baby was taken,
and knelt down to God in praise.

The second, frightened, faith strong,
asked God to hold her hand
as she traveled toward a dream
to an unfamiliar, distant land.

The baby, she was beautiful,
an angelic Guatemalan face.
She stared, wide-eyed and curious,
as into her mother's arms she was placed.

And there were tears full of sadness
as one mother's heart wept.
And there were tears full of gladness
as one mother's heart leapt.

Two very different women
with a common circumstance.
Each asking for God's guidance
instead of leaving life to chance.

Two very different women
who love the same little girl,
praying to God daily
to guide her through this world.

And though they'll never meet,
they are forever joined heart to heart
by the same awesome God,
lands apart.

I don't know who wrote this poem, but she says it so well!!! I praise God, I was chosen to be Heidy's mommy!! I am blessed by all my children, but very thankful for my Guatemalan born daughter, that was born in my heart!!

6 comments:

Stacey and Dewey said...

Happy Mothers day!! I love that poem, thank you for sharing it. I love the bruch pics, what I fun idea.
Have a great week!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

I can't even see to type, Debbie! Ohhh this got to me!

Heidi said...

What a touching poem! I have never heard it before. It is beautiful, thank you so much!

Our Family of 5 said...

That made me cry! How true it is!

Becca said...

LOVE IT!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

day by day said...

Debbie,

This is soooo beautiful! I thank-you for sharing it with us!!