Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

FFF # 31 theme - HO HO HO --- Seeing Santa and Heidyism......




On Friday the 12th Wee Kare Pre School went to sing Christmas songs at the bank. Heidy was fine through the first couple of songs. Then it happened, she saw HIM!! Then she twirled around as fast as she could, looking for a place to go. Miss Cynthia, the pre school director, got her and was holding her until I got to her. She told me that Heidy was looking desperately for a place to hide, until she grabbed her. When I got her, this is what she looked like.....

Poor girl!! I felt sorry for her!! She buried her head in my chest and never looked up!!

I videoed the rest of the program even though Heidy wasn't in it. As soon as it was over, I sat her to the side, because we were sitting on the floor, so I could get up and as soon as her feet hit the floor she ran under neath the refreshment table that the bank had set up!! ( A friend took this picture)

The Heidyism....

After we were all done and getting our coats to go back to the preschool, I had Cynthia to hold Heidy. I then snuck over to Santa and talked to him ( I knew who it was) I told him that Heidy was terrified of him and Santa told me it was ok that several kiddos were scared of him and it was ok. I told him that she had said if he didn't have a beard she would sit on his lap, and that I would ask if Santa would shave his beard off for her to sit on his lap and he said YES he would!! When we got in the car to go back , I told her that I talked to Santa and that he wasn't mad that she was afraid of him, that it was ok. Then I told her that he said he would shave his beard off if she would sit on his lap, she was floored, He would do that for me??? She asked that about 3 times. But she said she wouldn't sit on his lap anyway.


Then my sweet little girl told me I was the "bestest mom in the whole universe" for talking to Santa for her and finding out he wasn't mad that she was afraid of him.


I love this girl!!!

8 comments:

Robyn said...

What a sweet girl you have!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Oh, Debbie.... those pics of your precious Heidi about broke my heart..... Poor baby. I am so glad that you two were able to work through it together. We just never know what will terrify our children. But her words to you in the end were so precious...
Merry Christmas friend

ANDREEA said...

She is soo cute..I wonder..why some kids are afraid of Santa?I think it's so funny..:))

Sharon said...

So so preciosu Debbie. and you are the best mom!! You are an inspiration to ME!!

Love all your great shots!!

Merry merrry Christmas!!

RamblingMother said...

Poor sweet baby. This is G's 4th Christmas and she only liked Santa the first Christmas home when she was 20 months old. Since then it has been very touch and go. We have totally had climb under the table reactions to Santa too. She is 4 now and I found out today she sat on his lap at school but I think it is because she knew who Santa was.

Maria and Family said...

Poor baby! Santa can be scary!! She is just too darn cute :)

Unknown said...

Debbie,

Heidy is so sweet. Poor little thing.

Jane is terrified of Santa too.

But, your Santa is pretty special :)!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Oh and thanks for dropping by!