Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

FFF # 28 Thankfulness -- Thanksgiving 2008

Today we had the privilege of doing something we haven't ever done. We got to help at our church with the Thanksgiving Community Dinner. It is for people in the community who don't have anywhere to go or don't have a way to come to get the dinner, we deliver and also for the workers. We usually have Thanksgiving dinner at our house but when Milady came home for her shower we had our family dinner then.

Getting things ready!!

But today we all helped. Heidy even drew pictures for each table and added them to the decorations. She made sure we saw them!


Heidy, bless her heart wanted to help so badly so she asked these ladies, who don't come to our church and she didn't know, if she could show them to a table. They said yes and then, she came and got her plate, and went and asked them if she could sit with them. They said yes. I was serving food and could just watch all of this, so this picture was when they were getting ready to leave. Skyler did get her plate and go sit with her too. The ladies told me how sweet she was and how much they enjoyed the dinner because Heidy ate with them. They said she just made the lunch for them!! It was so sweet of them to tell me that.

This is Heidy and Megan resting...

This is Skyler resting in between working!!
Today is Thanksgiving and it was such a joy to help at the church!!! I loved it. Skyler and I got to take home a couple who were the sweetest people!! They had gotten a ride there but needed a ride home. It was so easy being Jesus to them!!

Here are a few things I am thankful for.....

I am thankful for my husband, Mark, who for 28 yrs now, has put up with me, who is a Godly man and though a little quiet has many words of wisdom!! He has been a wonderful dad to the 4 children we have now and will be one to the little gal who will someday soon, we hope, join our family!

I am thankful for my kids, all of them, and for the two that have spouses, that they are all Christians and following Him. I am thankful for the two that are still home and for the one who will join us!! They are all special in their own right!!

I am thankful for friends and family who care about me and whom I care about. I am thankful for the "butterfly "gals (You know who you are, I love you!!) I am thankful for blogger friends, all of them, some I have been able to get closer to than others, but love you all!!!

I am thankful that for a short while I got to be part of an agency who has now brought home several children from Ethiopia. Even though that is over now.

I am thankful for many more things, but if I listed them all I would take up the whole blog!!!


God is good and greatly to be praised!!

1 comment:

ANDREEA said...

Hi.I love Heidy,she is getting more beautiful every day.:)
I wont' close my blog Yet,my heart won't let me...I will change the title...I will do something.
What happen with Etiophia?You can't get your little girl soon?Never?I don't understand.Maybe when you have the time,you will tell me about it.Love you!