Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Friday, July 3, 2009

FFF # 45 Home and a Heidyism on living...

This week I had to to go home for a sad thing for us and a happy thing for my Aunt Margie. She went to Heaven to be with Jesus. She is fully healed and her old self again and having fun in Heaven, seeing her mom and other relatives and friends she has missed. But most of all she is praising Jesus and will forever. Yes, we miss her, but would we call her back in her present condition, no way!

This is the 10 of us cousins that were there. The 5 on the left are Margie's kids. My brother and I are in the middle and the 3 on the right are my other Aunt's kids. It was good seeing them all!!


This is Heidy asleep on the way. After she woke up she had a lot of questions about my Aunt. What she said last was pretty profound for a 5 yr old. Here was our conversation ....

H: Mommy I like your Aunt Margie's name.
Me: you do?
H: Yes I really do. But why didn't she come back to life?
Me: Well, God has a time for us to be born and live and then He also has a time for us to die and go to Heaven with him, if He is living in your heart.
H: ok . No mommy our body doesn't go.
Me: Honey, the part of our body, the heart and the soul, that loves Jesus goes to Heaven with him. We get new bodies in Heaven.
H: Well, you know when Jesus comes back to town, we will all wake up and be with Him!
Me: Wow Heidy, you are absolutely right!!!



I never heard it put quite like that but the same principle is there. I think she "gets it" more than a lot of adults do!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet girl you have and she is so right!!!!

Have a great fourth!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt, but glad she is no longer suffering. Love Heidy's comment! I agree I think she gets it better than most adults.